Bugs in the system

Stomach bugs, that is…

Had a lot I wanted to get done over the weekend, but spent most of it in bed. The only thing I managed to do is bring the stand inside the house. I guess it’s better than nothing, but it pushes everything back another week. This is one of those projects that I’m just ready to get finished. Maybe next weekend I’ll start getting everything reinstalled.

Here’s where the tank is going to go inside the house. I need to put some felt on the bottom of the stand before I take it off of the dolly.


3d Prints

As a part of finishing up the stand, I created a few 3d Prints to hold some of the equipment. They’re just simple designs for the DC Pump controller. One is for screwing the pump’s power supply to the bottom of the stand and the other is for screwing the controller to the side.

I had to redesign the controller holder because the opening wasn’t big enough to get the connector through. Once it’s through printing and I can verify it works, then I’ll throw it up on Thingiverse.


It’s Blue

Got some paint on the stand this weekend. Got all the wooden parts painted. Went to Lowe’s to pick up more paint to finish the stand and they were out of the blue I’m using. I’ll have to finish the stand throughout this week. If I get it all painted then I can start moving the equipment into the house this weekend.

I still have to finish the canopy and paint the controller housing. Both of those require dismantling and removing all the electronics before I start painting.


Executive Decision

I never got to where I liked the way the canopy on the TV mount looked. No matter how I looked at it, it looked like way too much weight levered out on the end of the mount.

Today I decided to make just a plain old-school canopy. I took me about two hours. I need to get hinges and another piece of plywood for the door, but the rest is finished.


Minor Update

Just a quick minor update to let everyone know that progress is being made.

I drained the tank and am waiting to buy some new furniture dollies before I take the tank off of the stand. Once off I can finish painting the stand and start bringing everything inside.

I got the booster pump mounted next to the RO/DI unit and mounted a power box with a switch for manually turning it on/off. I tested it and was getting 90PSI at the RO membrane.

Nothing else has really changed. I still need to build a stand for all the water containers to go on, finish the canopy, and test mount the canopy on a wall.